Monday 21 March 2011




My final four wall papers. These are jpegs, blogger cannot upload PDFs. I am pretty satisfied with how they came out. Based off my favorite sketch, I made the series into a progression through repetition, color and transparency. While working on it I began to think it was too simple, but I realized that that's the beauty of optical illusions and the creation of color. I became quite interested in the negative space the arcs create. My only bit of unhappiness is with the last two. Printed out they look a little too similar. I wanted to keep the same base colors to connect it as a series and progression, but the result for the last wallpaper was a little too repetitive of number three. Additionally, my light yellow background is almost non existent when printed but I really can't afford to make the changes and print them again.

The final developments involved a lot of playing with weight and transparency until the wallpaper looked a little trippy while aesthetically pleasing.

I gained a better understanding of loops while creating these and I really liked adding comments to my colors so I could figure out which colors went were. The comments proved to be pretty helpful.

The open processing links for these wallpapers can be found here, here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment