Monday 7 March 2011

Cool Sketch


Browsing the sketches, this was one of my favorites. I understand how she made the shapes, but I'm really not sure about the animation. The mouse click commands make a little bit of sense, I realize that the while, if and else commands are directing how the pattern will form depending on how the user utilizes their mouse. I understand what it does, but not necessarily how it works. It sounds a bit like one of those complicated math word problems I had to when I was younger.  I tried to change a little of the code and shapes, but it had no effect I could notice (or I created problems and it wouldn't play).

The one thing that really surprised me about this is how short the source code is. I'm used to dreamweaver where code can go on for pages. It's inspiring to know you can make such cool things without overwhelming amounts of code.

No comments:

Post a Comment