Monday 7 March 2011

So Many Lines!

This was the optical illusion I tried to make. It was inspired by the work of a surrealist artist Stanley William Hayter who made some crazy patterns and paintings that question your own perception.

I think it's definitely my most interesting sketch. It took me longer than I would have liked but I'm satisfied with the results. I think making this sketch helped me really grasp the concept of making lines and working with the slightly different x y axis. 

I feel like there's a lot of room to modify this sketch, in terms of colors and maybe spacing. I made repeating arcs for the curves, I'm wondering if there's an easier way to go about doing that because it took me a while and got quite boring. The open processing link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment