Thursday 10 March 2011

Paper Sketches –– Interim Presentation

1. My first two sketches are based off of the optical illusions of Stanley William Hayter, a surrealist artist.



2. This sketch was inspired by the way Stanley William Hayter would overlay colors. I was also inspired by the marks coffee cups make...and what it would look like if repeated.


3.My third and fourth designs were inspired by real life patterns. I drew these more out of curiousity than anything. This design was based off a stained glass window at a friends house. I also drew some inspiration from some of the doodles and shapes I draw in some of my other classes.



4. My last sketch was inspired by a cat, Ginger who frequents the balcony of a friend's flat. Probably my least favorite of my four. I don't find it particularly appealing, but it was fun to create nonetheless.





Goals: achieve cool looking wall paper, obviously. But I want it to be more than something to just cover the wall. I'm interested in optical illusions and blending and overlap of colors because I feel like they make you stop and stare for a moment. I want the wall paper to be a point of interest, not an afterthought. Next week, when translating these sketches, I really want to do them justice in terms of color and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment